- You must have a home phone number.
- You must provide an address other than "General Delivery".
- If you rent, we will perform a landlord check before the adoption.
- No adoptions to grown children living at home without parental consent.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to adopt an animal.
- All pets adopted are required to be spayed/neutered at our on site spay/neuter clinic or at a vet of your choice.
- We reserve the right to refuse any adoption.
The adoptee must agree to the following conditions..
- To obey the county ordinances concerning animals (rabies shot, tags, etc).
- To provide proper veterinary care.
- To arrange for proper care if you go away and do not take the animal.
- To bring the animal back to BCHS if you can no longer care for it.
- To notify BCHS if the animal becomes lost, is stolen, or dies.
- To advertise, check the dog pound, etc. if the animal becomes lost.
- To have the pet spayed/neutered within the time allowed.
- If necessary, to permit a BCHS official to come to your home to check on the animal's well-being.
Our adoption fees are:
We now have our own on-site spay/neuter clinic with the surgery being performed by Dr. Briardo Reich. You may schedule your appointment during the adoption process. We will attempt to schedule your appointment within two weeks and Dr. Reich will perform "Pediatric spay/neuter"
Our adoption fee for all cats/kittens is $65.00 which includes the entire cost of surgery.
Our adoption fee for all dogs/puppies is $80.00 which includes the entire cost of surgery.
If you elect not to use our spay/neuter clinic, you will receive a $20.00 voucher to use at a vet of your choosing.
Rabies vaccine at time of surgery is $10.00.
The total fees due at the time of adoption are summarized below:
|Male/Female Cat||Male/Female Dog|
$65 includes spay/neuter fee
$80 includes spay/neuter fee
|< Prev||Next >|