BCHS Adoption Rules & Fees
- You must have a home phone number.
- You must provide an address other than "General Delivery".
- If you rent, we will perform a landlord check before the adoption.
- No adoptions to grown children living at home without parental consent.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to adopt an animal.
- All pets adopted are required to be spayed/neutered at our on-site spay/neuter clinic or at a vet of your choice.
- We reserve the right to refuse any adoption.
The adoptee must agree
to the following conditions
- To obey the county ordinances concerning animals (rabies shot, tags, etc).
- To provide proper veterinary care.
- To arrange for proper care if you go away and do not take the animal.
- To bring the animal back to BCHS if you can no longer care for it.
- To notify BCHS if the animal becomes lost, is stolen, or dies.
- To advertise, check the dog pound, etc. if the animal becomes lost.
- To have the pet spayed/neutered within the time allowed.
- If necessary, to permit a BCHS official to come to your home to check on the animal's well-being.
Our adoption fees are:
We now have our own on-site spay/neuter clinic with the surgery being performed by Dr. Briardo Reich. You may schedule your appointment during the adoption process.
Our adoption fee for all cats/kittens is $65.00, which includes the entire cost of surgery plus first shot and worming.
Our adoption fee for all dogs/puppies is $150.00 which includes the entire cost of surgery plus first shot, worming, and microchipping.
Rabies vaccine at the time of surgery is $10.00. (Not included in adoption fees)
We now accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express for adoptions.